Apergy's Norris Steel Sucker Rods are manufactured to the highest quality standards to ensure reliable, consistent operation in every well application. We provide a full sucker rod service, with experienced rod specialists ready to assist with in-depth product selection knowledge and a commitment to ongoing technical support.
- All rods are manufactured in the United States from micro alloyed, modified, special bar quality hot rolled carbon or alloy steel.
- Sucker rods are available in body diameters ranging from 5/8” (15.88 mm) to 1 1/8” (28.58 mm) and in lengths of 25’ (7.62 m) and 30’ (9.14 m), depending on grade. Rod dimensions and tolerances conform to API Spec 11B and AISI Steel Products Manual.
- Bars are full length normalized to relieve residual stresses, air-quenched, and tempered to refine and homogenize grain structure, and Nor-peening® surface shot-blasted to remove any remaining heat treat scale.
- Quality control inspections are performed at each step of the manufacturing process.
- All bars are straightened and Eddy Current inspected for surface defects.
- An inhibitor-lubricant is applied to each pin and thread protector, and a rust-preventative coating is applied to protect the rods from atmospheric corrosion during storing and transportation.