Apergy Energy Automation’s Theta Oilfield Services developed XSPOC to provide a comprehensive smart automation, optimization and lift analysis system specifically for the oilfield. Developed with the user in mind, XSPOC gives well management personnel a powerful, streamlined analysis and optimization experience. As a result, many of the largest oil and gas producers in the world rely on XSPOC to monitor, control, and analyze their wells.
XSPOC is a highly advanced SCADA system that is combined with powerful application knowledge. At the heart of XSPOC is an advanced artificial intelligence engine that provides expert diagnostics of well operations in clear language, along with recommendations to resolve issues that are discovered by the software. Exception processing and reporting significantly reduces the effort required to find key operating problems. These features allow our customers to boost operating profits through resolving current well issues and significantly reducing or even eliminating costly failures.
Each module is specifically engineered for that form of artificial lift:
- Rod Pump. Theta has been the recognized leader in rod pumping diagnostic for over 20 years. Our analysis engine (XDIAG) uses pattern recognition and artificial intelligence to identify the pump’s conditions, and to calculate fluid level, equipment loading, and other key parameters. It also incorporates our predicted model (RODSTAR) to grade the well’s current design and recommend improvements.
- ESP. The ESP module relies on nodal analysis, multiphase flow correlations, gas volume calculations, and detailed equipment data input to inform the user of: operating points overlaid on pump curves, determination of flow within recommended ranges, assessment of design, full well performance curves, and recommend changes to increase production.
- Gas Lift. To be introduced in early 2017, the gas lift module will be the most-powerful, yet easy to use automated gas lift diagnostic software in the market. It uses nodal analysis and flow modeling to calculate optimum injection rates, indicate the state of each injection valve, and display full wellbore pressure profile curves.
XSPOC’s many other powerful features include:
- An easy-to-use interface that provides a graphically driven experience for the user, without requiring significant training.
- Scalability that allows XSPOC to manage fields with just a few wells or with several thousand wells. Group status screens and Google-sourced field maps allow users to view the current status of their wells at a glance, allow for real-time control of the wells, and let users manage wells by exception.
- Applications for iOS and Android for smart phones and tablets are custom-built for each platform, giving the best user experience possible.
- Automated, full well control from startup to shutdown, as well as providing full control of all controller setpoints. XSPOC does automatic alarm/shutdown notification (email, text message, or voice call-outs), and automatic well control based on other conditions such as facility upset conditions.
- An open database using Microsoft SQL Server. XSPOC can seamlessly integrate with existing systems without the need for special tools to access data.
- The ability for customers to extend functionality by building their own “plug-ins”. These can be entirely new screens, or other functionality that may be unique to that customer.
- A flexible reporting structure in which users can view reports, but also have them automatically delivered via email.
- Compatibility with a full range of modern communication techniques and field devices. XSPOC supports all major oilfield automation controllers on the market for all forms of artificial lift (rod lift, ESP, gas lift, PCP, and plunger lift) as well as those used in facilities control (PLCs), and Electronic Flow Measurement (such as ABB’s TotalFlow and Emerson’s FisherROC). The software supports all communication technologies used in the oilfield today.
- Integration modules that allow data to flow seamlessly between XSPOC and virtually any other production database, including the most popular third-party systems on the market.